Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Great workout with a fab dinner

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would check in for a minute today... because I had a great dinner and a great workout!

I have done the Last Chance workout twice now and it has been wonderful:


I have a few of Jillian's DVD's and had not tried this one yet. It is a bit easier than one of my others and therefore a good place to start. As you know I am in the process of moving and so all my weights are packed. However I have a NO EXCUSES policy so when they are lifting weights in the workout I am either finding a left over book to use off our bookshelf or I am substituting another move to keep my body moving and my heart rate up! 
I also have extremely weak wrists and so I cannot do push ups so I substitute by doing a plank move and holding it until they are done their portion of the video that includes that move. Once again... just keep moving or pushing yourself. It does not have to be exactly what they are doing if you cannot do that move sub in something you can do... like dance! KEEP MOVING! Grab your broom (that you got off of to accept this challenge) and sweep your ceilings, floors, doors... just keep movin'!



I also had a fabulous dinner tonight. I had some points left over as my breakfast seemed to fill me up and keep me going for a long long time today so by the end of the day I still had enough points to enjoy a substantial meal.

BREAKFAST:

2 X sliced Whole grain WW bread
1/2 can of tuna in water
1 Tbsp of olive oil mayo
and pepper
Grape tomatos and cucumber cubes

My breakfast was absolutely refreshing and delicious and CLEAN! It totalled 5 points plus

DINNER:

I was able to have 1 cup of SMART pasta linguine style 
1 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lite feta cheese
3 oz broiled chicken sliced into thin slices
Franks hot sauce to taste
2 tsp raw garlic
5 brussle sprouts
onion to taste



Mix it all together in a bowl and wella! Delicious!ALMOST CLEAN (use whole wheat pasta and you're all the way CLEAN but if you just cannot do whole wheat yet... SMART pasta is the next best thing. AVOID regular pasta at all costs if you want to get CLEAN!) (aprox. 14 points)

The Chicken was left over from last night as were the veggies... adding whole wheat pasta or whole wheat couscous to left overs can make a new meal so you don't get bored with your food! And you don't waste anything.

See you soon! Keep it up ladies! You CAN do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment